Monday, September 12, 2005

I got a couch!

For those who don't know, my house has been completely devoid of furniture since the break up in July. Unfortunately, I couldn't actually afford to buy more furniture and at the time, furniture was the LAST thing on my mind.

However, after two months go by and there's nothing to sit on but a rickety stool and the bed, you really start craving the comfort of a couch. Plus, if other people happen to come over, you have to let them have the stool, so you end up on the floor. That gets old.

Anyway, I scored both a black leather couch and a loveseat off craigslist for $40. Sure, they've got a few rips and tears, but do you know how much they wanted for one couch at Salvation Army? $150. I'm not paying anything over $50 for a used couch. Especially not for a used flowery couch in weird pastel colors. Anyway, I've got plenty of black tape. A couple strips of that stuff and these couches will be good as new. I can see it now. All my friends are going to start coming over to sit on my black leather couches and bask in the glow of my 13" TV.

Geez I wish I could afford a normal size TV. I don't even need big. I just need like 27" or something. You know, so I can see it from across the room. Maybe just large enough that I can actually read the writing they put up on the screen during newscasts. Something like that. Doubt it's going to happen this month. I already gave any excess TV funds I might have to the Red Cross. Rebuilding is a slow process. Besides, Tyler Durden was absolutely right when he said, "The things you own end up owning you."

I don't know what I'm going to do with my dog. He's realized that he can jump the fence. Now, unless I stand outside and supervise his bathroom breaks, he's gone. However, he doesn't run away. No, the genius jumps into the neighbor's backyard. I don't know if he just likes playing with their dog or if he just really wants to pee in their yard too. I don't know. He's never enthused enough to jump back into my yard though, so I always have to walk around the block, knock on their door, and ask for him back. Of course, yesterday they weren't home, so I just climbed the fence and boosted him back over. That was a pain in the ass. I think I'm going to start feeding him muscle relaxers in the mornings, so he gets all spongy and can't jump anymore.

Due to last night's unplanned karaoke excursion, I'm heading to bed early tonight.
Post a Comment