Friday, September 16, 2005

Into the weekend

Wednesday night, the volleyball team was victorious. We won the first two games. We should have won all three in the match, but everybody was so busy celebrating during the third game that there was no focus. It feels good to win though. We're now 2-1 for the season. We were 0-8 last season, so it's a big improvement.

Thursday night I checked out some local bands at Fountainhead. They do a showcase type thing where each band plays three or four songs and then the next band comes on. One group has a 14-year-old guitarist who is absolutely amazing. Apparently he's only been playing for two years, and he's self taught. He was doing Van Halen note for note. I was just standing there thinking, "I've been playing guitar SINCE I was 14, and I can't do ANYTHING like that." So the group with the 14-year-old finishes playing, and the next band takes the stage, and the drummer says, "We love tips, but we also like boobies!" Well, this real trashy lady at the bar flops hers out, and the 14-year-old was standing right there. I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head. His eyes stayed as big as saucers for the next ten minutes. It was hilarious.

"From the Rooftop" makes its big debut at the Gulf Coast Film Festival tomorrow. I can't decide if I'm going to make a day of it and watch the films all day long or wait until 2:00 when our show is on to drive down there.

Other than that it should be an exciting weekend of lawn mowing and office unpacking. Whoohoo.
Post a Comment