Sunday, September 11, 2005

So where've I been?

OK, so I haven't posted in a while. I found out towards the end of last year that the things you say in blogs can have some serious repercussions, and kind of got burned out on the whole thing. Maybe I'm in a place now where I can start over. Maybe not. I can't promise to keep posting, but I'll try.

Here's a rough outline of the last year:

Did some acting in December. It was just a B movie shot here in Houston with Timothy Bottoms, Meredith Baxter Birney and Rider Strong, and most of what I did was extra and stand-in work, but my car got a nice fat role. It made more money than I did I think. It was just such an incredible thrill to be on an actual movie site, and I got to spend a lot of time chatting with both the producer and the 1st AD about what goes into financing and making a "real" movie. It was very educational.

Made another episode of "From the Rooftop" in January/February. I wrote a recorded them a new theme song as well as helped write this script and worked as AD during the filming. That will be showing this coming Saturday at the Gulf Coast Film Festival. I think it's at 2:00 Saturday, but I'm not completely sure. You can check times and locations on the Gulf Coast Film Festival web site.

On Valentine's Day my car burst into flames on the way to dinner. Not a good sign. However, insurance paid to fix it. In the meantime I bought another motorcycle ... too bad I forgot it rains like EVERYDAY in Houston.

Anyway, March through July was just a tough time that I'm not going to discuss. Let's just say I'm suddenly single again, and it may or may not be the biggest mistake of my entire life. However, there's not much I can do about it now.

In August I decided to start writing another album since I hadn't done any real music since The Fall Guys parted ways in 2003. I'm currently five songs into that album and will be recruiting musicians soon to put together the new band.

I've got a new job in advertising that I love. I couldn't imagine working for better people or a better company. However, I'm definitely not going to talk about work on here.

I hear Vid is getting into car racing up there in Lubbock. I'm thinking about taking a week off to check it all out. Of course, I just put a new radiator in Blue Steel, so it's not like I'm not spending half my time working on cars here.

We're playing in another sand volleyball league on Wednesdays at Third Coast. First week we won all three games. Last week we only won one of three. That's still a better record than last season. I think we were 1 and 20 when we played in May.

That's all I've got for now. We'll see if I can keep up with this posting thing.
Post a Comment