Monday, October 03, 2005

Bye Bye Buck


car_buck
Originally uploaded by ffacker.
Buck and I made the drive to Fredericksburg today. I think he knew he wasn't coming back, so he jumped the fence to rile up the neighbors one last time before we left this morning.

It was great to see my parents for the first time in months even if we only got to hang out for an hour. Buck was actually so excited he peed on my mom's leg. Yes, he sniffed her leg, then raised his own and sprayed it down. What a great way to say hello to your new family?!!!

It also happened to be Octoberfest, but as my parents don't drink, and since we had a dog with us, we just drove by -- didn't go in.

The drive home without him was kind of sad. Then I got here and expected to hear him barking, but there was just silence. Then I walked in and expected him to jump on, but there was just silence. I'm already lonely.

Goodbye Buck. I'll see you at Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment