Thursday, October 06, 2005

Costume ideas

Our office throws MAJOR parties. Or maybe the people at my office just know HOW to party. I'm not sure. But I do know Halloween is one of the two best holidays of the year. The other is 4th of July, and it's only the best if you're on the lake with your friends. Otherwise it's pretty lame. However, Halloween is always good.

The costume theme for our office Halloween party was announced today. It is "sitcom characters." At first, I was disappointed. I thought, shit, most sitcom characters look and dress normal, and I'm way too tall to be Alf. Then I started thinking more and more. You can still do monsters if you pull them out of the Munsters or the Addams Family. There's been sitcoms with cops, cowboys, cab drivers ... you name it. However, making it funny is the hard part. My first thought was Fonzy from Happy Days or maybe Uncle Jesse from Full House. Then I thought, no, how about Peg Bundy. Then I thought, no, why don't I find a partner and we can be Laverne and Shirley. I think drag is definitely going to be the way to win this contest. Then I thought, why don't I find a sexy Genie outfit and be I Dream of Jeanie. None of these are really sticking out in my head as winners though. Someone suggested I be Keith Partridge. That could be good -- especially if I could get the rest of the Partridge family together. I just don't know.

If you've got a costume idea for me, PLEASE post it in the comments. I need help!
Post a Comment