Monday, October 10, 2005

The curse of musical theater

So I went to an audition tonight for The Sound of Music. Now I swore off musical theater three years ago after doing back-to-back productions of South Pacific and Footloose. However, I need to get my chops back up, and I saw that there was an audition for Sound of Music, so I figured, why not go?

I think I did well. I sang, "It had to be you." But when it came time to read, they had me reading for Captain von Trapp. Well, I'm nowhere near old enough to play the captain. I thought I'd be the telegram boy. But they had already cast an actual 17-year-old in that part, so no luck there. They ended up giving me the part of Baron Elberfield. Don't remember him? Me neither. I'm going to have to read the script and figure out who he is. I think I may pass on this one.

We had another birthday party at work today. This time they brought in a Playstation2 and hooked some sort of dance game up to it in the cafe. This thing actually had a camera on it, and so you just danced in front of the screen and it registered your moves and scored you. It was crazy. Supposedly they're bringing it to the Halloween party, so we can turn it into a drinking game.

That's all my news. Wish I had more, but I don't.
Post a Comment