Monday, October 24, 2005

The Dell is dead

I wish I could say things are looking up. I mean, I put in a good, honest hard-days work today. Surely that counts for something? Unfortunately my luck remains bleak. I left the office at 7:00 and met with my realtor. She estimates that I'm going to have to bring $10,000 to the table at closing to sell my house. Hold on, let me just crap that into my gold-plated toilet.

Anyway, as if that wasn't bad enough my Dell died in it's sleep last night. I thought I might be able to revive it when I got home tonight, but now the screen's not even coming on. It just makes a noise and then shuts back off. I've still got the studio computer, but I had lyrics to about 15 songs I'd written and half a movie script on the other machine that are now vaporized. Then there was the work stuff, the address books, the photos. It really sucks.

I've got to get to bed.
Post a Comment