Sunday, October 30, 2005

Halloween Hangover

It's been an eventful couple of days. Friday morning for show and tell at our office, one of the execs brought in her fishing stuff and told a story about how she once caught a bird while fishing. Then she had a casting contest, and had prizes, etc. I totally nailed the target on my first cast. There's some perks to having grown up in the country. I won "Bruce Almighty" on DVD. That was cool because I'd never seen it. I watched it yesterday afternoon, and I swear they must have taped fights I used to have with my ex for the scenes where Jim Carrey and Jennifer Anniston were fighting. It kind of made what should have been a really funny movie pretty sad.

The company Halloween party was last night. It wasn't as crazy as Spring Fling, but still got a little rowdy. I do have pictures, but around 1 a.m. the shenanigans got out of control and now my camera is in three distinct pieces. I've been promised a new one, but it was an accident, so I'm not going to rake the guy over the coals about it. I tried holding it together to see if I could still download the pictures, but no dice. I'll take the media card to work tomorrow and copy them to CD. You'll all just have to wait for that post.

Along with the camera being destroyed, my notebook died again. I don't think it's coming back to life this time. I guess I'll check to see how much it might cost to be repaired, but it may just be time to send it to the big recycling center in the sky. I may have to resign myself to being a desktop guy for a while.

I do not feel good today. I haven't been this hungover in months. I wouldn't have drug myself out of bed if it wasn't for our office pumpkin carving contest. I had to go secure some pumpkins. It's being broadcast on Walton's World on KHOU tomorrow morinng. That's fun ... except that we have to be there at 5 a.m. That means I've got to leave my house by 4 a.m. to get there on time. Will I make it? I don't know. I have to figure out what to carve first. I bought like 6 pumpkins. Hopefully one will be a winner.

I'm going to try to eat. We'll see if soup goes down OK and work our way up from there.
Post a Comment