Thursday, October 27, 2005

A new roomie

Well, the house is on the market, but my buddy Jace needs a place to stay, so it looks like he's moving in this weekend. It'll be nice to have some company -- at least until I get this place sold. Plus, he's got a giant TV. I love roommates with giant TVs.

I got confirmation from my claims adjuster that the motorcycle is indeed totaled. I should find out tomorrow how much I'm going to get for it. Hopefully I won't end up getting screwed because it was in perfect condition and had custom pipes, sissy bar, etc. Of course, I have no receipts for any of that since the previous owner did all the customizing, so who knows if they're even going to take that into account. This is the first time I've ever had a claim with Geico, so I don't know if they're going to be cool or act like real dicks about it.

I stopped by Swig to talk to Jace on my way home, and this bartender bought all my drinks. Despite my best efforts I've been incredibly sad lately, so I couldn't tell if she liked me or if she just felt sorry for me. She was really attractive, but she had this whole fan club of guys just to my left, so I didn't get a chance to really talk to her. Either way, it was nice of her to buy me drinks.

Last night I fell asleep at 9:00. That would have been OK if I had set the alarm, but I didn't realize I was going to bed at 9:00, so I hadn't shut off all the lights, set the alarm, etc. I woke up this morning at 7:11 and freaked because I have to leave the house at 6:30 to get to work on time. I was so late.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to bed at 9:00 again tonight or if I want to go watch some bands at Fountainhead. I'm leaning towards the bands, but everytime I look over at the bed it seems to be more and more enticing. I think I'm getting old.
Post a Comment