Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Tragic Comedy

So I was sitting at home re-reading Romeo & Juliet tonight for probably the tenth time, and this line jumped out at me:

"Some grief shows much of love, but much of grief shows still some want of wit."

Believe me, I have much "want of wit" these days though I'm trying hard not to let the grief overtake me. Perhaps if I had spent the last seven years studying the Bible instead of Shakespeare, my life wouldn't feel like such a tragedy. But, of course, there's always the chance that it's going to be a comedy, and we just haven't gotten to the happy ending yet. Who knows?

I watched Supernatural again tonight. It makes me want to hop in the Stang, pick up my brother, and investigate paranormal phenomenon. I could never afford the gas though. I don't know how they go driving around the country in that old gas hog on that show. Of course, the beauty of old cars that have no circuit boards is that they're immune to the effects of electromagnetic pulses. Therefore, they would supposedly be able to start right up after a nuclear blast. I'm thinking that also gives them an advantage in alien contact situations -- but I'm just making guesses at this point.
Post a Comment