Sunday, November 13, 2005

Brains ARE good!!!


zombie_01
Originally uploaded by ffacker.
I spent the day on the set of Necrophobia. It took over three hours in the makeup chair to transform me into a zombie. During this process I learned two things, I hate contacts and I hate dentures.

We had red contacts to get that authentic "undead" effect. I've never worn contacts before, so it was a task getting them in. Then the right one was hurting all night. Not fun. Oh, and when I started poking myself in the eyes trying to get the contacts in, it made my nose start running like a faucet. That sucked because I couldn't blow it or even wipe it because it would screw up the makeup. The director was like, "Oh, I love that, go with it." So I'm the snotty zombie.

They have us these dentures that fit over your teeth, but of course, they didn't stick worth crap because denture cream sticks to your gums, not your teeth. It was impossible to talk with them in, and my teeth and gums are still hurting even though I took them out over two hours ago.

It was an interesting experience, but I'm not too stoked about having to do all this makeup again tomorrow. I couldn't imagine working on a show like Buffy or Star Trek or something where you'd have to put this much makeup on every single day. I don't think I could do it. I'd much rather be professionaly goodlooking.
Post a Comment