Sunday, November 27, 2005

In the holiday spirit!


buckandmaggie
Originally uploaded by ffacker.
Why do I take so much pleasure in harassing the dogs? I don't know. Maybe it's because they react so well. We spent half an hour Saturday night putting these reindeer antlers on them and trying to take a picture. Maggie would actually wear hers for a while because she was so focused on getting a treat. Buck on the other hand did not want them on his head. He'd paw his off and then run over to Maggie and pulls hers off too. Then he'd run laps around the yard with the antlers in his mouth playing keep away with us. Those dogs are hours of entertainment.

So believe it or not, we actually talked my mom into going with us to Juarez Saturday. She did well until we stopped to eat. Then just the thought of eating in Mexico made her sick. She didn't touch a bit of the food. The rest of us got the buffet. I thought it was pretty good, but my brother freaked out over the fact that there were potatoes in the tacos.

I picked up a cool shirt, and a big Mexican blanket. The bootleg Hard Rock and Harley Davidson shirts were cracking me up. You can buy a Hard Rock Cafe shirt in every shop in Juarez.

A word of advice, if you take the trolley across, skip all the stops until you get to the market. They're all selling the exact same crap, but there's a ton of competing booths in the market, so you can haggle stuff WAY down. If I could do it again, I'd take the trolley to the market, go walk around downtown, then go back to the market and drink with some sexy latinas until the trolley showed back up. (Yes, I would rather drink cerveza with sexy latinas instead of politely sipping a diet coke with my mother.)

I'm glad to be back in Houston. I did all my laundry as soon as I got home. I'm off to figure out what I'm doing with my evening.
Post a Comment