Monday, November 07, 2005

Incredibly Quick update

I got the TV to stop speaking Spanish. If you go three menus deep into the A/V main menu it says "Listen in:" and you can choose "Mono," "Stereo," or "SAP." It was set to SAP. I got that corrected.

Fixed my notebook. I talked to a friend who knew how to disconnect the monitor, so I finally got it completely disassembled yesterday. I cleaned and reseated everything. Now it works again. AND I know how to take a notebook apart. It's always such a feeling of accomplishment when you work on something, and you're actually able to fix it instead of break it worse. (I usually break it worse, so this feels really good.)

My little brother was in town all weekend. We jumped in the 1966 Ford and went off to investigate Supernatural phenomenon. (Not really, but that would have been cool.) We just hung out and drank. Then Maxim Magazine was holding this party/model search at my roommate's bar, so we went down there Saturday night. It was a bit overhyped.

I spent Sunday cleaning and working. Not fun. However, I did manage to sell my surfboard which has been sitting in my garage for 10 years on craigslist. I also found someone to haul off my broken washing machine. I love craigslist. At lunch I'm selling some guy my broken camera. Why do people want broken shit? I don't know.

It's time to work. More details later.
Post a Comment