Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Romeo was violent

I just finished reading Romeo & Juliet. I've seen the MTV version recently, and I've pretty much got Shakespeare in Love memorized, but I hadn't actually turned the pages of the play in a long time. I had forgotten that Romeo kills County Paris at the end. They leave that out in all the movies. I can't decide if it was just Shakespeare's trite way of racking up the death toll to create more of a tragedy or if it's that much more amazing that Romeo was willing to kill someone else just so that he could die with his love.

I've got to go to the bank tonight and drop off a night deposit. It's right by Barnes & Noble, so I may stop in and see if they have a new book that catches my eye.

My little brother's going to be in town again tomorrow for another job interview, but I don't know if I'm going to see him. Apparently the company is taking him out Thursday and Friday. Personally, if I were him, I would test their family values and say, "Sorry, I couldn't take a job with you unless you bought some free food for my brother, too." I'm so sick of peanut butter and jelly, by the way. It's all I've had for lunch for almost two weeks now. The one highlight was the Wavy Lays Augratin chips, but George ate all of those today.

Oh, and if you're wondering how many packages of Sugar Babies can be eaten in a row before total sickness -- the answer is 7. I think pack number 8 would have made me vomit for sure. (We have WAY too much Halloween candy sitting around our office.)

I'm going to go run errands, so I can get to bed.
Post a Comment