Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving in El Paso

I made the trip to El Paso to visit my parents for Thanksgiving. I think it was the first time that my brother, my sister, and myself have been somewhere together for a holiday in at least two years. It's definitely the first time I've travelled anywhere for a holiday in five years because at the newspaper we only got the day of the holiday off. I'm REALLY looking forward to a full week of vacation this Christmas.

I got a voicemail from Mark Hayter yesterday. Something about someone in North Carolina being interested in From the Rooftop. I'm a little bit excited -- but trying not to be. What's in North Carolina? Even if it's nothing I guess it still gives us an excuse to get together and write some more episodes, which is half the fun anyway.

I went and saw "Good Night and Good Luck" last night. It was about Ed Murrel and CBS taking on Senator Joseph McCarthy in the 1950s. Very interesting movie. They used all the old newsreels of McCarthy and the Congressional hearings. Definitely not geared for the teeny-bopper crowd, so it probably won't make much money, but a good flick nonetheless.

We're trying to decide what to do today. So far options have been golf or hiking through the Franklins. I suggested we go to Mexico, but anytime anyone mentions Mexico my mom flips out and says we'll all get murdered. Now we're talking about driving to the Guadalupes. I guess it all depends on what time my brother finally gets out of bed.
Post a Comment