Friday, November 11, 2005

Weird stuff I saw today

I went to Cafe Adobe for lunch with T-bone, and I don't know if it was just the ambiance of Cafe Adobe creating weird stuff or if the world in general was just weird today.

Anyway, we saw an old lady stab herself in the eye with a fork. She did it hard. She was crying. I guess the lesson learned is, if you tend to wave your arms wildly while telling a story, put down any pointy objects before you start talking.

After that I looked over to my left, and this big grackle had a whole bunch of Sweet & Low packets, and he was tearing them open and eating all the sugar out of them. His beak was all covered in white powder. He looked like a total cocaine addict -- except if the cocaine addict was a bird. It was funny. He was really good at tearing open the packets.

I was so tired today I came home right after work, and if it wasn't for the fact that I'm waiting on my sheets to dry, I'd so be in bed by now. My friends from work called me at 9:00 to see if I wanted to go out with them, but I just couldn't muster the energy to drive back downtown from Spring.

I lifted tonight and was able to go full weight with very minimal wrist pain. I'm enthused that I'm actually healing. Especially since Geico called today to remind me I had no medical coverage.

I sat down to read for a few minutes while I was waiting on laundry tonight, and since the date was 11-11, I decided to flip my Shakespeare anthology to 1111. It happened to be the scene from The Jew of Venice where Morocco chooses the gold casket in hopes of winning Portia's hand in marriage. Instead he finds a skull and this poem:

All that glitters is not gold;
Often you have heard that told;
Many a man his life hath sold
But my outside to behold.
Gilded tombs do worms infold.
Had you been as wise as bold,
Young in limbs, and judgement old.
Your answer had not been enscrolled.
Fare you well; your suit is cold.
Cold indeed and labour lost.
Then farewell heat, and welcome frost.

Did I make the mistake of choosing the golden casket? I know I ended up with the frost.

I'm going to bed. I've got to go act like a zombie tomorrow for the Necrophobia shoot. It should be fun. It's the first acting I've done since we shot From the Rooftop back in February.
Post a Comment