Sunday, January 29, 2006

An interesting proposition

My set Wednesday went great. I played four originals, and I've already scored two really big fans. (Of course, by really big I'm referring to their size, not their fandom, but hey, I'll take whatever I can get!) Anyway, the house band even offered to record with me if I was interested in putting something together. Unfortunately, I missed Thursday at Fountainhead because I got a call about a job in El Paso Wednesday night and flew out Thursday. I'm going to be here at least through Feb. 8, but it's good to see my parents and my dog again. However, I've been practicing guitar at least two hours a day since I got here, and I can't wait to get back to the circuit.

Also, I got glasses. My parents told me I was too "squinty" and coerced me into going to the eye doctor this weekend. Turns out I have a stigmatism. The new glasses are taking some getting used to. I can read small type across the room and digital clocks don't have fuzzy numbers anymore. Of course, I had no idea everything was so out of focus until now because I'd never seen it in focus before. I probably don't want to pull out pictures of the girls I've dated in the past. It might be too depressing when they're in focus.

Work starts tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.
Post a Comment