Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Nevermind

Do I just have extremely bad kharma. Have I done something so cosmically horrific that I will never recover? After flying out to El Paso and spending several hours in training on Friday, I showed up to my first day of work this morning, and they decided they didn't need me. They were like, "Yeah, we decided not to hire anyone else because we're almost finished with the job." That would have been nice to know a week ago before I flew out here.

Then my dog decided to be a real ass to me today. I walked out of the kitchen and he ate the cornbread off the table. Then I let him outside to go to the bathroom, and he jumped the fence. I drove around the neighborhood for 20 minutes calling him. Then as I was passing the house to make another sweep up the street I see him standing in the yard waiting for me. Thankfully he wasn't hit by a car, but I swear, no fence can contain this dog.

I just booked my flight home on Wednesday -- my birthday. I think I just screwed that up too. I attempted to book the flight, but got no confirmation sent to my e-mail. So I kept trying to log-in the site and check, but it wasn't finding a reservation. So after much internal debate I decided to try it again. This time I made sure to print the confirmation page, but it's still not showing anything when I log in. Now I'm wondering if I double-booked or if I'm not booked at all or what the hell is going on?!!!

I was really psyched for 2006. I thought, there's no way it can be worse than 2005. I'm going to make a fresh start. I'm going to make it a positive year. Yet, no matter how hard I try to stay positive, thinks keep happening that are slowly but surely dragging me down. What am I supposed to be doing? What path am I supposed to take to correct all this kharmic energy? What?!!!

I made a list of every song I know this weekend. I played them all today without stopping. It lasted 2 hours and 40 minutes. That's still not enough to land an acoustic gig somewhere. I need at least 10 more songs.

What am I supposed to be doing with my life?
Post a Comment