Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Bugs and Suds

We had a big cook-out yesterday. It was kind of last minute because we planned it, then cancelled it because Jace had to work, then the night before it was suddenly on again. Apologies to all my friends who didn't get invites in time. Of course, I only had 1 friend actually show up. Jace had about 10 friends show. Ben had about 10 friends show. I had 1. Uno. Now, she was the absolute hottest woman at the party, BUT I don't know if that counts for much since I'm not actually dating her, and she left early anyway. Never the less, despite my realization that none of my friends actually want to hang out with me, we had a good time.

Jace grilled up burgers, sausage and pork chops. Ben made queso and his signature boiled potatoes. One guy brought a bunch of crawfish. It was all delicious. Well, it was all good until I rubbed my eye with crawfish juice on my fingers. Then it was just burning and eyewashing. But after that, it was all good.

What's funny though is that we started at 5:00, and my friend was the first to get there, but she left around 8:00, I guess. Then all Jace's bartender and waitress friends left at 10:00. It was my brother's engineer friends that stayed and partied until the wee hours of the morning. Those crazy engineers. Who would have thought?

I didn't do anything today. Ben was off work for President's Day, so we just sat around watching movies. Tomorrow he leaves for Austin and Wednesday Jace leaves for Brazil. I'm just going to be sitting around the house alone. Big fun.
Post a Comment