Thursday, February 23, 2006

Elvis Costello?

I played open mic at Acadia last night. My set went really well except that Joey kept going to the change too early on The Shakespeare Song. Stupid bass players.

Afterwards, a guy came up to me and told me how much he liked my set. He said I had a real Elvis Costello - Buddy Holly kind of vibe going. Now, I did just get glasses, but I didn't wear them to the bar, so that was kind of weird. I've never been compared to either of those artists before. I've heard Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Chris Isaak and Mick Jagger before, but that was a first for Buddy Holly and Elvis Costello.

There's a new waitress at Acadia named Rachel. She's tall, thin and waxes her eyebrows too much, but she's definitely the most attractive thing in that place. All the musicians were fighting over her yesterday. I'm sure she was thinking that with all those guys in there drooling over her that she was going to make serious bank. Too bad she didn't realize how poor all us musicians are until the end of the night.

I did laundry today. That's about it. I'm headed to Fountainhead for another round of open mic tonight. Hopefully whichever bass player I end up with, he'll get the changes right.
Post a Comment