Sunday, March 05, 2006

Uneventful

I played open mic Wednesday and Thursday. I like it when I play early because the crowd pays so much more attention than when I play late. After about 12:30, nobody even claps any more. They're all too consumed with what they're doing at their individual tables and being drunk. Jace came with me Thursday. I played and then we stayed for about two more bands. Then he was like, "Dude, I've got to go. My ears are bleeding." I was like, come on, these guys don't sound THAT bad. But he was like, "No, literally, my ears are bleeding, look. Some guy ripped them up during jujitsu practice tonight." It was kind of gross. Hopefully he's not going to get those big cauliflower ears.

I've almost finished writing a new song called "Pretty girls don't stay lonely long." Kind of a long title, I guess. Ninety-percent of the writing is finished, but I'm having trouble coming up with a good guitar part and melody. So many of my songs use the same chords, but in a different progression. I was hoping to do something all new and different this time. I guess I'm just having kind of a block. I'm going to work on it some more this afternoon. Maybe I can have something together to play at Big Daddy's tomorrow night.

I think the Oscars are on soon. I'll probably watch some of that even though I don't think I saw many of the movies nominated. Honestly, I think I can count the times I went to the theater in 2005 on one hand. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Island, Walk the Line, and King Kong are the only movies I remember seeing. I think Walk the Line was the only one I actually wanted to see. The rest were just times when I got drug along.

I bartended a wedding shower for some friends last night. I owed them for all the times I borrowed their truck. It was cool though because everyone drank Crown and Coke all night, so they sent all the leftover beer home with me. We're stocked until August.

Maybe this week will be a little more exciting than last.
Post a Comment