Tuesday, April 25, 2006

But the week started so well ...


theroomies
Originally uploaded by ffacker.
Thought I'd post a pic from the crawfish boil at Swig at Sunday. All the roommates together. We only get to go out together like once every 3 or 4 weeks due to everybody's conflicting schedules.

Anyway, Sunday was fun, but work has been a struggle Monday and Tuesday. I'm really stressing over my deadlines, and I'm getting sick. I've got some sort of cold coming on. My nose is all runny, and my glands are swelling up. It sucks. Why in this day and age of face transplants and dog cloning do we still have no cure for the common cold?

My Dell notebook is definitely dying. I'm scrambling to revive it one last time to get the rest of my movies and music off of it before I lay it to rest. If it starts processing something hard, it just shuts off. And I don't mean like it freezes up. I mean it just shuts off. I'm pretty sure it must be overheating, but I can hear the fan going, so I don't know what's going on. I just redeemed some mutual funds today, so I may reinvest that into an HP Media Center or something. I did pretty good on the mutual funds. I invested $1100 in 1994, and I'm getting all of $963 back in 2006. Of course, it had dropped to somewhere around $700 when the dot.com bust hit, so almost breaking even is good enough for me at this point.

I'm going to bed -- got to sleep off this cold.
Post a Comment