Saturday, April 01, 2006

My exciting Friday night

So you know the story of my freaky naptime dream Friday afternoon. Well, Ben got home from work about 5:30, and we went down to Swig to hang out with Jace and to grub on the free wings that Wings & More brings over for Happy Hour. So we have a bunch of wings and a couple Bud Lights, then we head home about 7:30.

I get home and start debating my options for the evening. TJ's band is playing over in Copperfield, Ben's talking about going back down to Sugar Land, Jace is talking about going to see a movie ... I lay down to consider all the options.

I wake up at 11:30, and someone has shut my door and turned off my lights. My feet are burning hot because I fell asleep with my shoes on. Yes, I slept through my entire Friday night. I get up to see if anybody's still home. Ben has also fallen asleep. Jace is in the living room watching TV. Are we the lamest household or what?

So I get a drink of water, take off my shoes, and go back to bed.

I didn't get up until 11 a.m. this morning. I guess my batteries were really drained. I had a card from the post office that said I needed to go pick up some certified mail, so I rushed over there before it closed. It was annulment papers from the Catholic Church. My ex is Catholic, and although we're divorced, she can't get remarried in the Catholic Church unless she pays a bunch of money and gets them to annul the marriage. I guess she's decided she wants to get remarried. On one hand I want to participate, so that I at least get to tell my side of the story to the church because otherwise there's no defense on my behalf and my character gets to be slandered with no repercussions. On the other hand, I don't even want to deal with it. I think I'm done with women forever. I'm going to become a monk like Kwai Chang Caine from Kung Fu and just find inner peace and avoid that drama altogether while I kick a lot of ass.
Post a Comment