Sunday, April 30, 2006

A weekend-long hangover and a radio shout out

So not having stayed up past 9:30 any night last week due to being sick gave me some real cabin fever, so I was dying to go out Friday. I ended up meeting Ben at Swig for happy hour where we drank beer and chowed on chicken wings. Then I stopped by The Boat to talk to Dave and check out where I'd be playing next Sunday. We had more beers there. Jace got home shortly after I did, and was deadset on running. I didn't really want to run, but I hadn't worked out all week, so I finally agreed to go run. I think that was my mistake. Never go drunken running. I made it a mile. Then I walked another half a mile. Then I gave up.

So what did we do after running? We went to BLVD and went back to drinking. I really didn't have much while we there, but I started feeling horrible. I just felt really hot. It was weird. So, we come home and play guitars until like 5 a.m., which is pretty much the routine when we go out drinking. Saturday I wake up at 3 p.m. with a horrible hangover. I try to lift weights, but everytime I strain it feels like the back of my head is going to explode.

We end up meeting some girls at Bennigans for dinner. I'm still hung over. The girls are drinking. Thank God Jace and David weren't, so I didn't have to. I down a greasy-ass Monte Cristo and we go home. I'm FINALLY starting to feel better. Then what do I do? I go back to The BLVD again and drink more. Then Jinx calls from Sam's Boat, so I went over there and hung out with her and her friends the rest of the night.

Well, it was a fun night and nobody wants to quit partying, so I invite everyone back to the house. It's all set when this couple that's with us starts having a freaking domestic dispute in the parking lot. That pretty much ended all the fun, and we called off the after party.

This morning I'm yes, once again hungover. I'm in the car on the way to Whataburger for some biscuits and gravy and taquitos when the DJ on the Buzz starts talking about what a great night she had at BLVD and Sam's Boat last night. Then she gives shout outs to this long list of people which includes the names of several people I was with and Fred is the last name on the list. Then she recounts events that I was involved with all evening including the story of the domestic dispute in the parking lot. My brother was like, did you party with the DJ from the Buzz last night? I guess I did, but I have no freaking clue who she was.

So I'm still hungover despite the biscuits and gravy and taquito, and now I'm kind of sick at my stomach too. Hopefully it will clear up in the next 30 minutes because then we're off to the ASME Offshore Technology Conference Crawfish Boil at U of H. And what will we do there? Probably drink more. Here's to being hungover at work tomorrow!
Post a Comment