Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Work, work, and more work

Today was much better than yesterday, but man am I busy at work. It's good though because it means I'm needed, but kind of overwhelming because there's just this giant stack of projects on my desk, and there's no real organization or timelines. Whichever one is an emergency, I do first.

I got my folders that I designed from the printer today. I really wanted them to be perfect. Unfortunately, the business card slots are in the wrong place. I designed all the pocket text around the card slots, and then the binder just cut them right in the middle of the pocket. It makes my design useless, and now the card covers up part of our logo. It really bothers me, but I don't know what to do about it because the printer already gave us such a ridiculously low price on the folders and I'm friends with the person who works there. I was even there when they marked where the card slot goes. Then it still ended up in the middle. NOTHING ever goes smoothly.

I did however make it back to the GAP tonight -- with my wallet this time. It's just too hot to keep wearing my freaking wool slacks and longsleeve dress shirts. I only bought a couple things because I hate the color of all their polos this season. I may try some other places next week for more shirts.

So I did talk myself into staying home and working out instead of going out and drinking tonight. I'm proud of myself for that, but kind of wish I was out drinking right now instead of going to bed. I'm sure my body will thank me in the morning.
Post a Comment