Sunday, May 07, 2006

An amazing weekend so far

Well, Friday morning I show up to work still having the horrible sinus infection/ear infection, so my boss forced me to go to the doctor. He said he wasn't taking me to California in that condition. Anyway, they gave me some antibiotics and some other stuff to clear the fluid off my eardrums. I'm feeling so much better now. I also haven't smoked or drank at all since I really do need to get well, so it's probably the healthiest weekend I've had in the last 5 years of my life.

I worked all Friday afternoon getting power point presentations ready for our execs, and then got my new recruiting banner finished and to the printers. Ben actually mowed the lawn for me Friday night. I was AMAZED. Thanks Ben.

I've just been taking it easy, spending time with some new friends, and playing my new guitar. However, the whole weekend culminates today at 3:00 when I play at The Boat on FM 1960. It's the first time I've ever attempted a 4-hour solo set. Hopefully I'll have plenty of songs, but some are just so much better with a band behind me. I wish I at least had a bass player or something. Oh well, it's a step forward I need to take. Plus, if I'm the only one playing I don't have to split the cash with anyone else.

Tomorrow morning we leave for a week in California. Hopefully it will be as fun as the last trip. I mean, it's work, but we have a pretty good time.

If you're bored this afternoon come see me play.
Post a Comment