Monday, May 01, 2006

Improv at the Beach


beach01
Originally uploaded by ffacker.
So Ben and I went to the crawfish boil at UofH, and yes, the crawfish were great. And yes, the beer was free. But, everybody was old and it was all families there. It was kind of lame. So after we ate, we decided to go to the beach. We drove down to Galveston, stopped into Walmart for swimsuits and towels, and then hit East Beach. I popped the Escape into 4x4 mode and took on some sand dunes. Then we decided to try and swim the entire length of East Beach. That didn't happen. Distance swimming in the ocean is brutal. We only made it about a quarter of the way.

By the way, you know there's an obesity epidemic in America when Walmart only has two medium and one small swimsuit in stock. The rest were Ls, XLs, XXLs, and XXXLs. I knew we'd just have to buy whatever swimsuits were available since we were doing this on a whim, but my suit was seriously ridiculous. I had my choice between the flowers and a big Mexican flag, so I chose the flowers.

Of course, when we got to the beach we found all those people buying the XXL swimsuits. Not a pretty sight, but still a fun day.
Post a Comment