Monday, August 07, 2006

Watch this -- front flip!


fredpool2
Originally uploaded by ffacker.
I finally went and checked out the neighborhood pool. I had to show some kids what was up on the diving board. Problem is, I hadn't been to the pool in years and my mind remembers my diving board abilities as if I was still 22, totally in shape, and working at the pool everyday. My body was in disagreement.

I was surprised to find that I could still swim 25 yards underwater with no trouble -- that's the length of a pool. Back in the day I could go 50 yards and halfway back before having to come up for air. Ben could make a full 75. I tried for 50 yesterday, but after making the underwater turnaround at 25 I didn't even make it halfway back the other way before coming up for air.

I went to ju jitsu with Jace Friday night. I'm not sure if I'm going to start training with him every week or not. It would be fun, but it's another added expense to an already expensive life. Maybe I'll just stick to playing music.
Post a Comment