Saturday, September 09, 2006

Goo Goo Dolls and Counting Crows

Thursday night I got to check out a great concert thanks to my friend Jamie. We saw Goo Goo Dolls and Counting Crows. Both bands put on great shows, and I feel soooo much better about myself when it turned out that both Johnny Rzeznik and Adam Duritz don't sing as high as the vocals on their albums in concert. I've never been able to make it through a cover of "Iris" trying to sing the high parts without my voice cracking. I always take it down for shows. Likewise, for Mr. Jones I always put a capo on the 4th fret of the guitar to bring it into a lower key, so that I can reach that superhigh "Mr. JONES and me" part. Well, neither of these singers even try to reach the highs. They either sing the harmony parts or keep it in the lower register.

However, it was still a great show, and these two hardcore Goo Goo Dolls fans left between bands and we totally scored their abandoned lawn chairs.

On a side note, Robbie Takac, bassist for the band was cracking me up. They guy was jumping around stage like Jack Black and frankly, he looks kind of like Jack Black -- except he was totally serious about his rocking.
Post a Comment