Sunday, October 08, 2006

And I'm sure the record labels will be calling at any moment


Magik Studio Sessions 10-07-06
Originally uploaded by ffacker.
I spent the weekend at Magik Studios with Jess, Bob, Karim, and Mark. We managed to record the music to three songs in a little under four hours Friday night. Then I went back Saturday to lay down vocals. Karim sent me home with quick mixes Saturday. This week I've got to make notes on what needs the be changed/fixed. Then we edit, mix and master next Friday.

It's been exciting because it's the first time I've been in a real studio, but also scary because I've always chocked up a lot of the shortcomings of my home recordings to equipment. Now I've got to face the fact that some of those shortcomings are actually talent based. I've been working on my singing for years now, and I still have a horrible tendency to go flat.

We ended up recording Pawn Shop Guitars, She's Infectious, and Silverscreen Dreams. I'll post the final results next weekend.
Post a Comment