Sunday, October 22, 2006

Gimme a brake ... or four

Not a very exciting weekend here. Since Jace's brakes have been squealing since like January he finally decided it was time to fix them. Let's just say, it took a little longer than planned. When we tried to take the first wheel off, the lugs were all seized up, so we ended up snapping three of the lug studs. That pretty much set the tone for the rest of the job. Seven hours later we finally had all four brakes fixed and changed the oil and transmission fluid. Jace hadn't been planning on changing the transmission fluid, but during our lunch break I was like, "I'll go drain the oil." I'd never worked on a foreign car before, so I couldn't quite identify an oil pan. I just unscrewed what looked to be a drain plug on the bottom of the motor. Turned out it was the transmission drain. Hey, he had 130k on the car, it probably needed the transmission fluid changed anyway.

The car can stop on a dime now, but apparently Jace doesn't have much confidence in our ability as mechanics. He freaked out on the freeway on his way home this evening because the car was having a weird vibration. I went to go pick him up, but the car miraculously healed itself and was running normal again by the time I got there. Maybe he'll be more confident when it passes the safety inspection.

We hit up midtown last night. Midtown is midtown. Nothing exciting. I do wish all those bars would turn their music down though. I mean, they're not dance clubs. People aren't really dancing. They're just hanging out, but the music is too loud to talk. You have to yell at the top of your lungs just to tell each other your drink orders. So since the music is so loud, nobody even talks to each other. They just stand around trying to look cool.

Today has been nothing but cleaning. I scrubbed down the kitchen, cleaned my room, and did laundry. I went to the grocery store and got more pumpkin pie.

The autumn weather is finally here. I think the cool weather is making everyone lonely. They want someone to keep them warm. I wouldn't mind cranking up the fireplace and popping the cork on a bottle of wine with someone.
Post a Comment