Thursday, October 05, 2006

I'm writing this down before I forget it

I had a crazy dream this morning. I was in some foreign country, and I had to use my drivers license to get in and out of all these buildings. Anyway, I was in this park/zoo place, and I went and sat down in what was either a booth or a tram car, but it was right next to the walls of the tiger cage. So the walls on this cage are not very high. The tiger is standing on his hind legs with his front legs over the top of the wall and sticking his head into the booth sniffing at me. Well, I lean back to get away from him and something pokes me in the back of the head. I look up, and it's a freaking polar bear sticking his huge head into the booth from behind me,and I realize the back of the booth is right up against the wall of the polar bear cage, so I lean forward to get away from him, but I'm still trying to stay away from the tiger. Then I feel something yank my right leg really hard. I look down, and the polar bear has found an open slat in the side of the booth and is reaching through with his big-ass paw and yanking at my leg. So I jump up, but there's not a lot of room to move around in this booth because there's a table in front of me. It's at this point, the tiger decides just to jump into the booth. He's kind of timid about it though because he acts like a dog that's been told not to do it, but he know he can, so he's going to try it and test your limits. Well, I yell, "Shoo, get out of here," and the tiger turns around jumps back into his pen. I'm just standing there cramped between the table and the seats of the booth afraid that if I turn my back to the tiger or the polar bear one of them will take a bit out of me over the wall. So then, as if that's not weird enough, the tiger suddenly looks at me and says, "You know I can come over that wall anytime I want, and you're not going to stop me."

So I back out of the booth and make an exit out of the zoo, but as I'm headed to my next destination, I realize that I don't have my ID. I must have dropped it in the floor of that booth, so I get the zoo people to let me back in, and I'm slowly walking back to the booth/trolley car thing trying to figure out how I'm going to bend down and reach under the table to get my ID without ending up with a tiger on top of me and a polar bear grabbing me through the slats.

That's when the alarm went off.
Post a Comment