Monday, November 20, 2006

I'm not wearing a belt.

I forgot my belt. How do you forget your belt? I don’t know, but I did. I feel goofy walking around in slacks and a dress shirt with no belt. I guess at lunch I’ll go find a place to buy a new black belt. I don’t like my current black belt anyway because it has this extra metal loop thing on it that never stays down, and it always sets off the metal detectors at the airport. This is a good opportunity for me to break up with that belt and end our 5-year relationship of mutual disdain. I mean, the fact that I needed something to hold my pants up was really the only reason we were staying together. It’s time to move on.

Speaking of new clothing, I finally spent the $100 gift card to Academy that I’d had sitting around since last Christmas. I ended up getting a pair of low-top Dr. Martens and new Timberland hiking boots. I usually only buy about 1 pair of shoes every 2 years or so, but this year has been quite the shoe year. Oh, I know you’re feeling the same excitement I am. Two weeks ago I had to retire the ratty black dress shoes that I’d bought when I graduated college back in 2000. Then with last night’s purchase I can retire the 2-year-old Converse that fell apart. Looks like I’m set for another 5 years or so.

I’m only in the office two days this week. Then it’s off to El Paso to visit my parents and the dogs for Thanksgiving. Then it looks like Sunday I’ll fly back to Houston, and then turn around and get on another plane for Finland. We’re shooting a video and some interviews there at the company shipyard. I’m really excited because this is definitely the biggest trip I’ll have ever taken, but it’s really stressing me out being gone for two weeks. I’m trying to make sure all the bills are paid before I leave, etc. I’ll have Internet and phone service in El Paso, but I’m not taking a computer to Finland, and I really have no idea if the phone will work. It did work in Canada though, so maybe it will.

I’m trying to decide if I’m going to go to Florida in January to shoot a documentary on this lady who claims to have photographed the Skunk Ape (Bigfoot). I think she fully believes she did, but looking at the photo all I see is a blurry image of a man in a gorilla costume. However, with some jazzy writing and editing it could be a really funny/cute project. Plus, I’ve never been to Florida, and I’d get to camp out in the everglades. On the downside, I have to pay my own travel out there, and I always end up owing taxes, so January isn’t going to be the best month for me. I have to make a decision soon though. Anybody want to go with me?
Post a Comment