Friday, November 03, 2006

What a day

Today has not gone so smoothly. I had to be at work way too early to hit the deadlines on a newsletter I was writing/designing, so I rolled into the office about 6:30 a.m. I got all that taken care of, and then went into video production mode. We start shooting on the movie on Monday at the Houston offices, but I'm coordinating between management and the camera crew, and they have completely different ideas of how this will work. I suggested that we select a group of people to stage some board meetings, video conferences, etc. to be filmed, but that idea got vetoed. Management seems to think that all the employees will be totally cool with us just walking into meetings and offices and flipping the camera on in their faces. Riiiiiiiiiiiight. So then I met with the production crew, and they tell me that they need at least two hours to set up wherever we shoot. I have no idea how we're going to pull this off on Monday. I think it's going to turn into a big disaster fiasco -- a disasco.

Anyway, I did what I could this afternoon and then went to Barbara Bush Library for early voting because there's no way I'm going to have time on Tuesday. There was a line down the entire side of the library and back. It was a 45-minute wait. That kind of sucked, but I really wanted to make sure I got my vote in for Kinky, so stood in line and took advantage of my rights as an American.

I got home about 6:30 to find a nice big wet spot on my carpet. I was like, oh great, the dog picked my room as the urinal. Then I walked into the bathroom to find the matching landmines. I was hoping I'd get a present tonight. What a thoughtful dog.

So now the question is, what the hell do I do with the rest of my night?
Post a Comment