Friday, June 15, 2007

Never Drive-Through a Subway

Never drive-through a Subway. I’ve been on my health kick and a budget to save up for vacation, so I bought all this tuna and whatnot to eat for the week – 69 cents a meal, you can’t beat that. However, if you can’t get your ass out of bed in time to make lunch before you leave for work, you still have to go find something for lunch.

I was on my way to Wendy’s because they’ve got the $1.19 side salads and $.99 chicken nuggets. It keeps the lunch under $2.50, and it’s relatively healthy. However, I pass a Subway on my way to Wendy’s and as I passed it I thought, man, a sandwich would be really good right now. Then I noticed they had a drive-through window, which is really rare for Subways, so that tempted me to pull in thinking I’d get a 6” sub with 6 grams of fat or less. I didn’t. I ended up with a foot-long Italian BMT and cookies. So much for willpower. But that’s not even my point. My point is that Subway drive-throughs suck. I figured I’d just tell the guy what kind of sub I wanted and to give it “the works” and he’d prepare it for me. Wrong. The “sandwich artists” keep you at the speaker the entire time they’re making the sandwich. This defeats the purpose of a drive-through window. It took forever. The line started wrapping around the building twice. This guy is like, “Do you want it toasted?” I’m like, “sure.” So he goes, “Hold on, I’ll go toast it.” So I sit at the speaker three minutes waiting for him to come back. Then we have to go over all toppings and options. It was dumb – and slow. VERY slow! I should have gone in.
Post a Comment