Friday, July 27, 2007

Bionic Hands

Last night I was laying in bed and my thumb was hurting from my mechanical bull incident. So then I was thinking about robots. Then I was thinking about robotic thumbs. Then I realized not only how to design the perfect artificial hand, but I also came up with a completely new solution to the current problem facing robotic hand developers regarding the lack of sensory feedback and therefore being unable to control how tightly robotic hands grip things. What's even more ridiculous is that aside from the metal skeleton of the hand itself and the processor to control the hand, I think all the parts I would need to construct this hand could be bought off the shelf.

I know I come up with some really stupid/crazy ideas, but I think this one could actually work. I just don't know if I have the level of skill needed to craft a working model.

I guess we'll find out.
Post a Comment