Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I kind of miss the bird

I kind of miss the bird. The bird’s mess is still all over the kitchen table and floor because for some reason it took joy in constantly flipping bird seed out of its bowl and all over the kitchen, so that’s a good reminder of why I let the bird go, but I still kind of miss it. It brought a little life into a now very empty house. It feels really cold and quiet without the bird. At least it does until I let the dog in. The dog is having problems of her own though.

As Emily was moving her stuff out, she came across some old chew treats we’d bought for the dog months ago, but forgotten about. Well, I started giving the dog chew treats the past couple of nights. She has the WORST gas I’ve ever smelled. I don’t know how a stench so horrid could come out of a dog so small. It’s terrible. Plus she’s being really needy because Emily isn’t there anymore, so she’s always trying to climb on top of me, but she’s constantly ripping ass so bad it makes my eyes water. At least she has stopped waiting by the door and getting up at night to look for Emily, but hopefully in a couple more weeks she’ll finally forget about her altogether and calm back down. I don’t know how many more nights I can deal with a dog that just constantly freaks out unless she’s laying on my face.

As if the dog farts weren’t bad enough, her poo smells just as bad if not worse, and I hit a landmine this morning when I took her out. It took me half the drive to work to figure out where the smell was coming from. I was really starting to wonder if I had somehow unknowingly crapped myself because the reak of poo was just overwhelming. By the time I got to work, I had finally located it on my shoe, so I stopped off in the bathroom to scrub it down. I managed to get most of it off, but there wasn’t really anything in there to scrub with or to get the nooks and crannies. Unfortunately if I raise that foot to cross my legs or something, the stench still comes wafting up. If I wasn’t so broke from buying that iPhone, I’d just throw these shoes away. I’m broke though, and I have a meeting this afternoon anyway. It would look rather strange to show up to an executive meeting in socks. But then again, is it worse to show up wearing socks or to show up smelling like poo?!!!
Post a Comment