Monday, March 17, 2008

Tour de Houston


DSCF1579
Originally uploaded by ffacker
I had my first real ride on Saturday when I participated in the 40-mile Tour de Houston. Having only been training a week I was a little worried about my endurance, but I made it with no problems -- aside from an achey butt. (I still can't decide if I'm going to be able to toughen up or if I'm going to have to buy a new seat.)

We left town hall at 7:30 a.m., and made a trip up the Hardy Toll Road out to the Humble area and back. It was actually quite fun going up and down the roll road flyovers and overpasses.

There's now 4 weeks left to train for the MS 150, and as long as I can keep this pace up, I'm going to be ready. However, I still need your donations to reach my fundraising goal. If anyone would like to help the cause, you can donate at http://www.ms150.org/edon.cfm?id=214824
Post a Comment