Friday, July 23, 2010

It's a long road to Plainview

I spent all day driving north through Texas. Google maps sent us the back route, so we spent a lot of time on two-lane roads, but we had very little traffic.

We stopped off at a Dairy Queen somewhere for dinner and I "got my hair did" by their buffalo.

From BlogPhotos

Once you hit the great plains you can see for miles. I don't remember all these windmills being here when I was a kid.

From BlogPhotos

Anyway, we made it to Plainview in time for dinner with the extended family as well as the extended-extended family to be. There were a lot of children in that Little Mexico restaurant. I was warming up to the idea of kids. Maybe now, not so much.

Afterwards we got a tour of the Elk's Lodge with a preview of the reception decorations.

From BlogPhotos

Then Ben slapped a mosquito on his nose that exploded everywhere. It was pretty gross.

From BlogPhotos

I spent the rest of the evening wishing my sinuses weren't still killing me from the sawdust and watching other people try to cope with their children.

I also vowed to get my initials on this water tower before I leave town.

From BlogPhotos
Post a Comment