Saturday, July 17, 2010

My new goodies!

My day has been drastically sidetracked off schedule. I was planning to be at the boat this morning by 9 a.m., but it's almost 3 p.m., and I'm still at the house. I had a couple beers with the neighbors, and then we tried out their new foosball table. It turned into a neighborhood championship tournament that didn't end until about 2 a.m.

I'm now finally functional, so I'm about to load up the truck with the new bulkheads and take off for the marina. Even more exciting than the new bulkheads are my other goodies.

Behold, the $26 ($61 after shipping) eBay boat guitar.

From BlogPhotos

I had to re-epoxy the neck last night, but I put some strings on it this morning, and it seems to be good to go.

Then to alleviate the number one complaint from every person who has ridden on the boat, I found this at the salvage yard for $20.

From BlogPhotos

I checked the price online. They're $62.95 new, so $20 was a pretty good deal. If it doesn't fit my binnacle guard the guy said I could bring it back and trade it for some bumpers or something.

Off to sweat in the summer heat! Be back tomorrow night.
Post a Comment