Sunday, August 01, 2010

A lazy day

It was tenant appreciation day at the marina. Free hamburgers and cookies. I saw Diver Dave's new (to him) Cal 31. It's a very nice boat. He was complaining that the upholstery was all real leather. I wish I HAD upholstery.

I really wanted to finish sanding the interior of the boat, but it was just too hot to work. In fact, after stuffing ourselves with burgers, we ended up taking about a two-hour nap in the air-conditioned V-berth before lounging in the pool for another couple of hours. Then we took a cruise up past the boardwalk and back to check out all the other boats and people watch. No, I wasn't productive, but sometimes you just have to enjoy the fruits of your labor before putting in more labor.

Dixie is a trooper. She wants to be a boat dog, but I'm worried she's going to stroke out everytime I walk her down the docks. Her tongue is practically dragging the ground as she walks slower and slower. I hosed her off about three times today to cool her down. Normally, she hates water. Today, she didn't mind.

From BlogPhotos

She was definitely searching for the shade while we were out on the water though. Sooner or later we're going to have to figure out something for a bimini.

From BlogPhotos

I have to say. It's rather nice being able to just drive down, start the boat up, and take off. I get so caught up in all the work left to do that I forget how much work has already been done.
Post a Comment