Thursday, August 12, 2010

Let's check out some stars!

The Perseid Meteor Shower goes down tonight. You can use this handy-dandy Fluxtimator to see when the most celestial activity will happen in your area.

http://leonid.arc.nasa.gov/estimator.html

Dallas is the nearest city listed on the chart, so I'm assuming that Houston will also have the most visible activity between 3 and 5 a.m.

As I don't have work tomorrow, I think I may load up the dog and go spend the night on the boat to see the show. It just depends on whether or not we have cloud cover tonight. I may attempt to catch some groovy time-lapse photos of the event as well, but as the boat is constantly moving, I'd have to find a place on land to set up for that.

If you've never experienced a meteor shower, it's something you never forget.
Post a Comment