Tuesday, August 03, 2010

A spontaneous project

The operation.

From BlogPhotos

Experimentation.

From BlogPhotos

Total frustration.

From BlogPhotos

Inspiration.

From BlogPhotos

Innovation.

From BlogPhotos

I had an old Nikon 18-70mm kit lens at the office with a messed up shutter. One day it just stopped firing and when it occasionaly did fire, it wasn't in focus. Nikon wanted $200 just to look at it. Then would then call me to give me a price for repairing it on top of the $200. I decided to take a look instead.

Ummm, haven't figured it out yet. This is the first lens I've ever taken apart. It's going to take me a bit to digest the way this all works. However, I started playing around with it a bit and found that the outer element does make a great macro teleconverter on the Leica X1.

Here's the closest macro shot I can get in focus with the X1.

From BlogPhotos

And here's one with the macro teleconverter.

From BlogPhotos

Maybe I can bump the f-stop to increase the depth of field. I don't know.

I'm going to go work out now.
Post a Comment