Thursday, August 12, 2010

Waiting for the shooting stars

I'm sitting on the boat at the marina. Yes, that's right. Thank to MyWi I now have Internet access on the boat.

No signs of the meteor shower yet, but the sky is clearing as the evening goes on, so there's hope that I may catch a glimpse of something catching ablaze as it enters our atmosphere. If I'd had someone to come with me I would have ventured out into the bay for a better view, but I was too nervous to attempt anchoring alone.

Of course, I couldn't resist taking a few shots around the marina with the Leica X1 when I got here. It does pretty damn good in the dark. I'm still struggling a little with a prime versus a zoom because I would have loved to get a close-up shot of a herring on top of a pilon, but I think the results are still pretty damn good.

From BlogPhotos
From BlogPhotos
From BlogPhotos
From BlogPhotos
Post a Comment