Thursday, September 09, 2010

Swimming against the tide

It was a good holiday weekend. I entertained on the boat Friday and Saturday. Then Sunday we went sailing and had to take out skills to the next level when we ran out of diesel in the middle of the bay. I sailed all the way back in through the channel and Clear Lake in the middle of heavy boat traffic. Unfortunately, docking under sail was a bit of a problem, but there were no fatalities, and the boat is ok. I'll tell the whole story later, but I'm back in training this week and trying to squeeze in both my regular work duties as well as my class homework before and after class. I'm thinking it would have been smart just to set up a cot in my office instead of going home every night.

I just have to get through the presentations and testing tomorrow to finish this course. Hopefully, my normal updates should return next week.
Post a Comment