Monday, November 08, 2010

October just flew by.

It seems like I blinked and life has skipped a month. I've been so busy for the past few weeks that I can hardly keep up with everything, but I just tell myself to take a deep breath, pick one task, and then focus on it until it's finished.

I spent a week in Paris for a branding and communications conference last month. Always fun to visit, but always nice to come home to a place where people aren't stopping traffic and rioting over an increase in the retirement age. I guess that here in the U.S. we've just acknowledged that we'll never be able to retire, so we don't even bother putting on a show about social security reform anymore.

I got one day to wander the city.
wandering photographer

I went by the Paris Leica Store. That was a bit of a letdown. While I did enjoy looking at the case full of classic cameras for sale, the store was smaller than my office. I guess I expected something more like an Apple store. Maybe I'm just not used to the smaller size of European things like cars and stores and whatnot.

Anyway, a few shots from that trip (although I think a couple shots from my 2007 trip got added to the set): http://www.flickr.com/photos/21557832@N00/sets/72157625165813754/

After Paris was a weekend in Austin for Halloween. That was a fun trip with lots of good people watching.

Nikki and I went as sailors.
L1011408

Here's the set full of wonderful weirdness:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21557832@N00/sets/72157625289545190/

Then, this weekend was Nikki's birthday. Despite the fact that I think they're marginally useless devices, I couldn't resist getting her an iPad.
Post a Comment