Saturday, January 22, 2011

Choosing a new nose.

This is my car. I love her dearly, but after an unfortunate incident with an SUV, she needs a little reconstructive surgery.

This is my sad car.

Occasionally in movies, you'll see a character obsessed with rhinoplasty. They carry around cards with various noses, trying to pick one. I think I may have become that cliche. With the hood, bumper and both headlights now being replaced, I have several options.

Option 1: Stock 997

Stock

Obviously this is a Boxster in the photo, but the front end would be the same. It would be a classy little facelift to the new style headlights.

Stock with Tech Art lip

But stock doesn't have to be boring. The supplier offered to throw in a free Tech Art lip if I choose the stock bumper. I'm not sure how it would look without the sideskirts, though.

Option 2: Gemballa GTO

Gemballa

Right now, this is my favorite. I love the scooped hood. It's a sporty, yet classy bumper. I like it a lot. However, this is just a Gemballa STYLE kit, not a true Gemballa conversion. This is the only option that is fiberglass instead of polyurethane and isn't Porsche parts. It looks beautiful in the photo, but I'm not sure how it would hold up in real life. That kind of scares me. Then again, either the front or the back of my car gets hit about once a year, so I'm not sure it matters.

Option 3: GT3

GT3

The GT3 bumper has been a popular upgrade for many Porsche owners for over a decade now. However, when it comes to that black vent, I can never decide if I love it or hate it.

Option 4: Turbo

Turbo

Yes, the turbo is cool. Those LED turn signals are also incredibly cool -- and incredibly expensive. Unfortunately, I don't think there's room in my budget to even pose as a turbo.

I've got to make a decision by Monday. Do I metamorphasize my car while it's having work done or do I just restore it. I can never decide.
Post a Comment