Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sorry, I need to bitch

I got backed over at a stoplight on the way home from work. I know, you're asking, how the hell did you get backed over while sitting stationary at a stoplight on your way home from work?

I was sitting in a left-hand turn lane, minding my own business, just waiting for the light to turn green. Suddenly the reverse lights on the Ford Escape in front of clicked on. I was confused. Was someone stuck in the intersection?

There was a car behind me. I couldn't back up. I laid on the horn. The Ford Escape kept coming ... and coming ... and coming. Next thing I know, he's parked on my hood.

Jacked up bumper and hood

Apparently the driver realized he needed to be over in the right lane, so he was backing up to pull out of the left lane and get over. Unfortunately, he couldn't see me in the rearview mirror. Thankfully, the car is still runing, and the driver did have insurance.

This is the third time in three years that I've been hit while sitting at a stoplight or parked.

Once I finally made it home I found a big manila envelope sitting on my porch. I was excited to see it was a portrait lens I'd won on eBay. I was not excited to see that the seller had mailed it in a manila envelope.

Not only was the casing dented from the lens being dropped, but a pretty little snowflake had formed on the cracked inner element.

Broken Glass Snowflake

Who would mail a fragile camera lens in a manila envelope?!!!

Thankfully the seller has agreed to refund my money, but this just hasn't been my day.
Post a Comment