Sunday, January 09, 2011

Teleconverter adapter is finished

As you know, I finally had success in creating a high-quality teleconverter for the Leica X1 last week. I spent the weekend creating an adapter to attach it to the camera.

Once again, I started with a Nikon UR-E8 adapter since it's already threaded to fit the X1. However, this time I machined it down MUCH shorter to accomodate the way the teleconverter's casing needed to fit down over the Leica X1 lens.

Leica X1 2X teleconverter

Leica X1 2X teleconverter

I haven't had a chance to paint the adapter yet because I've been playing with it too much. However, this week I should have time to get it painted and looking nice. I also found three similar lenses on eBay, so if anyone is interested, drop me a line, and we'll talk pricing.

Update: I actually shot the entire 2011 Houston Art Car Parade using the teleconverter. You can check out the results here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ffacker/sets/72157626658792693/
Post a Comment