Monday, May 02, 2011

My Review of REI Campware Percolator - 12 Cup

Originally submitted at REI

Can't get going without coffee? Brew up your favorite blend in the backcountry with this REI Campware percolator.


Sturdy construction, works well

By JETEXAS from Houston, TX on 5/2/2011

 

4out of 5

Pros: Stable, Durable

Cons: Easy to lose clear knob

Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer

What Is Your Gear Style: Minimalist

Was this a gift?: No

I use this on my sailboat, and it works great. I thought it was a little overpriced, but it's much sturdier built than any other perocaltor I found. However, the clear knob on top comes off very easily. In fact, as I was dumping the last bit of old coffee out over the side of the boat, it fell off into Galveston Bay. Sadly, you can't just buy the clear knob, so it looks like I'm out another $45.

thumbnail

(legalese)

Post a Comment